Thursday, June 20, 2013

Piaget


In teaching a combination dealing with space I could give examples of what the movement is like from their lives. Like wiping a table to get them to reach far out in front of them.  I would cause disequilibrium by having them learn an entire combination on the right side and then having them have to figure it out on the left.  I would help them assimilate by taking things from previous combinations and adding them into this particular one with a bit more flare.  To make them accommodate I would shrink the amount of space that they are able to perform in.  They will have to work things out so they don't travel as much, or to travel more.  
To add formal level onto this I could have them abstract the ideas of wiping a table a bit more.  So taking it into their foot, or changing the level, timing, or repeating.  Making it not seem so much like wiping a table,  more abstract.

No comments:

Post a Comment